• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RigExpert AA35

I was able to work with the new purchase today! Woohoo! My son is driving a spare truck for a couple of weeks and had no antenna to speak of on said truck. After a couple of relatively small purchases (3' Firestick2, clamp on mirror mount, coax) I was able to get him reasonably dialed in quickly! I dare say if the
install holds up he may be able to use his Connex instead of his box stock Cobra 29!

JD

As to “height” I’ve been running antennas right up to 14’ without genuine problems.

I tilted the 7’ Skipshooters on that FL Evo. Otherwise, I’m careful (and use HUSTLER QD’s when clearance is impossible).

With flatbed, get it at least a few inches above tallest load (if not oversized). Back of cab would be worth trying if you don’t go for taller antenna on lower mount (as 4 String shows). The “most” antenna possible.

I know of a couple of guys running 102” on door mirror mount. A fair angle to them, and they claim excellent performance (one owns a 55 RE).

Reactions: fourstringburn
I'm going to stick with top loaded fiberglass for now. Easier to deal with in my opinion. @fourstringburn did give me some food for thought! Mr @Slowmover ,you need to get a RigExpert! Outstanding tool for your own system and for helping others out with theirs! About the same money as the WM clrSpeaker and I dare say just as valuable a tool! JD

Reactions: Slowmover
I'm going to stick with top loaded fiberglass for now. Easier to deal with in my opinion. @fourstringburn did give me some food for thought! Mr @Slowmover ,you need to get a RigExpert! Outstanding tool for your own system and for helping others out with theirs! About the same money as the WM clrSpeaker and I dare say just as valuable a tool! JD

Agreed. Now that price on them has come down a bit, that’ll help. With several CB installs yet to finish or even start, that makes the AA-35 desirable. There’ll always be other men might could use some help.

A better field strength meter is also wanted

Reactions: jdchet

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.