• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rk-56 mic question.???

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
is there a mod or way to boost the audio on these mikes=rk-56. the 636l sounds too tinny and the rk56 is perfect but seems low on audio compare to the 636l????

The 'SkyThumper' N/C mic is cheap and works exceptionally well too. The RK-56 is still the 'top of the heap' for quality-sounding N/C mics though. A RF Limited CR-577 mic is cheaper and comparable to the 2018Xtreme mic. I use one in my mobile; think it is great. Works somewhat like a N/C mic, in that you need to keep it close to your mouth - unlike a D-104/MM6. But they are thinly built; use care and don't beat it up is all . . .

thanks for the replies could it be that i need to run the mic gain higher than 12 oclock.???

thanks for the replies could it be that i need to run the mic gain higher than 12 oclock.???

Won't hurt to try it, and it's cheaper than a new mic. If you know anyone with the Sky thumper 65-DX I recommend you try and borrow it for a bit. I have found they offer close to the same deep tone as a real RK 56 but also offer alot more audio, they claim 30% more. I have found that Billybob and Sketters microphone audio reports show the 65-DX to produce the same loudness as a D104 M6B set on level 6 but without the battery, high tone and switch noise associated with the D104.

if your audio is low and you still have some room left on the mic gain , turning it up is what to do , just don't let it over modulate . what radio are you using ? has it been tuned ? if so , who did the work ?

Yea what Booty said. Years ago when I ran a Magnum Delta Force I told the guy that tuned it I would be running an RK56. He gave the modulation pot an extra bump because he knew the RK56 would clamp it down a tad. Was an outstanding talking combo.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.