• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM 10 meter amp approved by the FCC?

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
I was browsing eBay and saw one of theses amps listed as FCC approved. RM also has it listed as such on their website. I wonder if this is true or just BS to sell more amps. Their Facebook page also mentions this one an another amp that allegedly passed FCC lab tests and are available in the US market. I'm a little skeptical.

RM Italy KL 7405V 10 meter Linear Amplifier With Fan

http://www.rmitaly.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=130

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallman and Mudfoot

don't know about the fcc but its the first time i have seen rmitaly make sensible claims about input & output capabilities or showed the 1db compression point,
can't see a schematic on their website yet.

I was browsing eBay and saw one of theses amps listed as FCC approved. RM also has it listed as such on their website. I wonder if this is true or just BS to sell more amps. Their Facebook page also mentions this one an another amp that allegedly passed FCC lab tests and are available in the US market. I'm a little skeptical.

RM Italy KL 7405V 10 meter Linear Amplifier With Fan

http://www.rmitaly.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=130
I just went RM Italy corporate website I was surprised to see the 7405 model number listed.
Still no schematics though.

Last edited:
I searched the FCC ID #

from the FCC site:

TCBGRANT OF EQUIPMENT
AUTHORIZATIONTCB
Certification
Issued Under the Authority of the
Federal Communications Commission
By:

MET Laboratories, Inc.
914 W. Patapsco Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230-3432Date of Grant: 10/08/2014

Application Dated: 10/08/2014
RM COSTRUZIONI ELETTRONICHE Snc di Marchioni Davide e Daniele
Via IV Novembre 42
Ponte della Venturina, BOLOGNA, 40045
Italy

Attention: Davide Marchioni , Manager Director

NOT TRANSFERABLE
EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: 2ACTRKL7405V

Name of Grantee: RM COSTRUZIONI ELETTRONICHE Snc di Marchioni Davide e Daniele

Equipment Class:Amplifier
Notes:HF power amplifier

Grant Notes FCC Rule PartsFrequency
Range (MHZ)Output
WattsFrequency
ToleranceEmission
Designator
9728.0 - 30.0125.9 Amp F3E

Power listed is conducted. Emissions per 97.305 Amateur Service only

NOTICE THE F3E EMISSION DESIGNATOR..................... FM

I searched the FCC ID #

from the FCC site:

TCBGRANT OF EQUIPMENT
AUTHORIZATIONTCB
Certification
Issued Under the Authority of the
Federal Communications Commission
By:

MET Laboratories, Inc.
914 W. Patapsco Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230-3432Date of Grant: 10/08/2014

Application Dated: 10/08/2014
RM COSTRUZIONI ELETTRONICHE Snc di Marchioni Davide e Daniele
Via IV Novembre 42
Ponte della Venturina, BOLOGNA, 40045
Italy

Attention: Davide Marchioni , Manager Director

NOT TRANSFERABLE
EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: 2ACTRKL7405V

Name of Grantee: RM COSTRUZIONI ELETTRONICHE Snc di Marchioni Davide e Daniele

Equipment Class:Amplifier
Notes:HF power amplifier

Grant Notes FCC Rule PartsFrequency
Range (MHZ)Output
WattsFrequency
ToleranceEmission
Designator
9728.0 - 30.0125.9 Amp F3E

Power listed is conducted. Emissions per 97.305 Amateur Service only

NOTICE THE F3E EMISSION DESIGNATOR..................... FM

You have some crazy good detective skills. The flood gates will open and the rest can be approved through the "Type Certification." If the FCC does that type of thing.
One company I worked for we used "Type Certification" on items that were only minor modifications of a type that was already certified under the TSO-C73 process. This allowed development of products with out having to go through the entire process.

Reactions: DainBramage
That pretty much has class C written all over it then doesn't it?

Most of the old KL amps that ran the pills were with out doubt AB biased. With the new FET amps I would not think class "C" at all. I do know they are very sensitive to drive levels. Some of the pill amps were class "C" like the KL-200 and KL-300.

The Fe3 might be the only emission test they could pass.

Holy Smoke they are using Pills!

Last edited:
Here'ss the link to the FCC page for you technical types. I think the application was made but I see no indication the amp was ever approved by the FCC as stated by RM. Not that it matters.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...e=N&application_id=745929&fcc_id=2ACTRKL7405V

the FCC site "approval" is simply an acknowledgement that that LAB that submitted the paperwork did so correctly, and the FCC is accepting their information as correct..........

as you state, it does NOT mean FCC CERTIFICATION has been issued.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Shows what kind of company RM is. They even went as far as placing a sticker on the amps with the application number of the filing to indicate the amps are approved. Too funny. Whatsamattayou RM!

I wonder how they met this requirement -(3) Exhibit no amplification (0 dB gain) between 26 MHz and 28 MHz, Certification shall be denied when:(2) The amplifier can be easily modified to operate on frequencies between 26 MHz and 28 MHz.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?