• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL-703V

It's a big honking box. Looks nice. It'll easily do close to 500 watts PEP SSB. I don't have a reliable meter to set my radios output (I dropped and busted my only good meter). My MFJ-815D might be reading a little high so I'm keeping it at 400 PEP until I get a better meter. When I punched it hard I was seeing 47 amps on my supply. Reports are good locally. I thought about putting in my Jeep, but it's YUGE!

I ended up trading a 22 pistol for it.

Be cool if someone could modify and somehow simple-mod it using the schematic and make it like a "straight" whatever. Lol

just found it up online.

5729775E-1228-4F82-89FF-B729BF82E314.jpeg
50F6ABD1-CFA1-4276-9BED-3C3BADA6C9DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Local has one for $175. It sounds good on SSB. He drives it with an old Washington on a 30 amp supply so it's been pampered. Guess I'll snag it up and see how my Anytone drives it.

He won't be running it for long on a 30 amp power supply looks like.

Yes, 16 of them.
Is this amp still running well? Any problems with harmonics messing with swr? You definitely got it at a great price! They seem pretty hard to find at all in the U. S. now. I’ve seen a couple on eBay that are running around $400 used with shipping. I guess that makes it hold pretty true to people saying expect to pay $1 per watt in an amp. I set up my electrical to eventually handle an amp like this. A dedicated 120v 30a circuit with 10g wire. I just got a Ameritron SPS-75MV power supply that should definitely handle it. I’m a complete novice when it comes to amps though so any thoughts and recommendations are certainly welcome.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.