• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL 7405V 10 meter Linear Amplifier With Fan

I bought the model without the fans. I need to mod the keying circus and put an rca jack on the back like a honest to goodness ham leenyar. The rf sniffer isn't too reliable at such low drive.

i meant so yours does not over heat?

autocorrect sucks

I have the 7505 4 pill version. It doesn't get hot but I don't use it like the average person would. I run it around 25 watts carrier and 120 watts pep output. It makes a good driver and has plenty of headroom.

Reactions: Slowmover
I still have mine. I like it and it works. I did a mod so the fans are on. And yes there loud. I have quiet fans to replace the stock fans . Some day I will change them out.

Reactions: Slowmover
63ABC6A3-EC05-4ADC-B346-1B8CD811ACD2.jpeg

Ordered one (KL7405v) after being unable to get one during 2020.

Dimensions are the thing:

6.5W x 8.3L x 2.5T

means I can make use of it in the Peterbilt, and more easily package it in a TRC-1 Radio Carrier than the KL7505v for GP.

Size is such that I can fit it into the overhead console with room to spare. Hidden from prying eyes. And the power run comes up into that console from the other side.

The KL7505v I have run in a couple of big trucks will go under the backseat of the Dodge pickup for that install. A more efficient antenna, so why not some more fire in da wire?

The 7405v 20A draw (18A working) is significantly easier to power than 30A for the 7505v in the Pete. This tractor doesn’t have any way for me to shorten the power run (unlike a Freightliner). Looks like I’m running a charge line for a forklift into the tractor with 30A capable. Can now avoid that. That last 10A was a bear.

80-140W covers what I think a stock big truck antenna system can put to use (aftermarket antennas with factory mounts).

That was the kicker: RM ITALY KL7405v was the best size & power output.

I don’t think MORE POWER will earn me any advantage as my radio Ears are about as good as I can make them (to be finished this week).

The KL203 will go into the backup radio transport case once the new one received.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.