• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy power?

ummm...moderate use dxing? I have no clue.

As a general how are they, well they are cheap and work. I've had a few of them and never really had any problems.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are looking for 300, then you need to look at what they call a 500.
If you are talking about 10/12 meters, the Texas Star 500 works well.
I use a 500 on 10 and 12 with a 2950DX mobile and it has done a good job for me for several years, and I run SSB all the time.
Even they need a fan on them.

Jeff

The KL amplifiers are inexpensive and they work fairly well - as long as you don't overdrive them. If you are looking for more wattage I'd also probably suggest looking at something more robust like the Texas Star if you're running a export type radio. If you're an licensed ham and are looking for amplifier options you're only limited by your wallet. For the price though the KL amps are a good deal especially for the lower output models.

Reactions: 1 person
I had an RM Italy KL-500, it worked well until my wife laid a leather coat on it in the middle of the night and I yacked the night away until it smelled like BBQ. I replaced the pills, BUT it blew the pills again a few hours latter. That's what I get for not checking it over a little more throughly (still new to working on amps)

But I can tell you this it's a great unit. I did not pay full price for it, BUT I think they are good units for the price. I think the solder joints where clean and the amp well thought out. BUT there are certainly better amps available, but they are hard to beat for the money

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.