• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy stinger board install on a Galaxy DX55hp

In a word, no...

Stock Radio? No, Strapped Radio? Perhaps...

The only real way to check, is to VERIFY that the SHIELD of the COAX is to the SAME as FOIL Ground - back at the Negative side of the Power connector.

You can also VERIFY Ground - between the Power Connector Negative and the LUGS mounted on the Heat sink.

Anything above 1 ohm - no...can't use it for ground...

View attachment 36421

When you do a continuity check on the back panels Negative Power lead to CASE - and it shows open - then you know...No.

Correct foil ground/board ground that the final mounts to (yes I know it’s insulated from ground)

I ran a circuit under the board through a slot and used circuit board ground

I’m having a short to ground somewhere intermittently internal of the amp I been chasing down checking caps and diodes nothing yet

Correct foil ground/board ground that the final mounts to (yes I know it’s insulated from ground)

I ran a circuit under the board through a slot and used circuit board ground

I’m having a short to ground somewhere intermittently internal of the amp I been chasing down checking caps and diodes nothing yet

Can you spare of pic of your work so I can help?

Shorts may be from several things NOT related to your work, like THEIR assembly and parts shifting on their board as you have to assemble this together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.