• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM KL 500 linear amp does not work

Pelltom

Jun 19, 2009
HI

problem- when i turn transformer on (even amp is off) it takes over 30 amp of current -> final transistor start to heat quickly.

So it is like shortcut somewhere ?

Have any one play with same problem? Are final transistor burn out or is it control malfunction ?

Sounds like a shorted transistor conducting, pull the 2 transistors in that stage and test for short.

Place leads of you VOM to the base and collector tabs in both directions meaning switch the positive and negative leads between those tabs and if it shows continuity both ways you'll have found your shorted transistor.

Happy hunting.

:glare:

i remove final (4 pcs) transistor and i make measurements of them it seems to be that all of them are burn out.:(

Transistor model is NPN MS1051 now i need to find somewhere a new ones..
i think these are not cheap..

:glare:

i remove final (4 pcs) transistor and i make measurements of them it seems to be that all of them are burn out.:(

Transistor model is NPN MS1051 now i need to find somewhere a new ones..
i think these are not cheap..

Replace them with the SD-1446

Hi

Thanks for the answers... yes i find that in older models of KL 500 have that SD1446 transistor.. so i think it will also work on these new model.

I ask for these MS1051 from asia markets and best offer so far is 30 us $ pcs and 35 $ shipping...

that price for sd1466 79$ sound too expensive :unsure:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.