• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roadpro Titan II convert to MOSFET?

ThirstyBoots440

Local Trash Talker
Oct 27, 2011
Richmond, VA
Does anyone have any info on converting a Titan II to IRF520? Being a single final radio, it can't be but so difficult, although being a SMT board, it should be fun.

Unless the radio is broken I would just leave it alone. Even at that with cheap replacement 1969 finals now out I would fix it with a stock final.

Unless the radio is broken I would just leave it alone. Even at that with cheap replacement 1969 finals now out I would fix it with a stock final.

Cheap
Sorry mate to rib ya but I have not seen cheap 1969's unless they are fake.
I think the irf conversion is a good one they are around $1 something each

Contact weazle66 on YouTube
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

He knows a lot about the MOSFET conversions as he has posted a lot about it on the tube.
He is a really helpful guy, he helped me out with some final problems before. Just shoot him a PM

Thanks again guys, the power output has fallen off on this rig from when I first got it running again, not to mention I never saw more than 17 watts PEP out of it. While I know it's not a powerhouse of a radio, it is a nice "clone" and does have some sentimental value to me. I especially enjoy the fact that there aren't many around my area like it, and the fact that it is a clean little radio compared to others I've got floating around. The FET upgrade is a cheaper part than the Mitsubishi 2SC1969, which if it comes down to it, would be the only bipolar I'd install. Cheaper variations don't do as well or have the lifespan IMO. I'm hoping that after it's done, I'll break 20 watts PEP.

Again, thanks for the info guys, I'll keep you posted on my findings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.