• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ROGER BEEP BASICS

I can understand where beeps get annoying. I recently acquired 4 of them, trying to hook to a Cobra 29 just to see if they work (I may sell them) but for some reason instead of the beep going out on the air, it backfeeds into the radio's internal speaker. What's up with that?????????????

the best feature of any roger beep, is that it can be disabled-permanantly. Most of the ids I hear with beeps, the beep is louder than the voice. How does that make sense?

When I unkey my Galaxy DX-959 with the roger beep on,I watch the modulation meter to see how much the beep does. It swings all the way to the end of the meter. That's pretty loud. Now if I just can get a Missouri Mule Fart like I had back in the Eigthies. But really, I use my roger beep on contacts 30 or so miles from me and will usually cut it off when carrying on a conversation so it doesn't annoy the other guy

Only astronuts should use these high tech tools....and ONLY when the astronut is on the moon or in outer space within a few zillion miles of the moon.
Normal radio dudes should use stock mics and say roger or 10-4 or i got that! so we all know when he shuts up.
No need to use miltary radio stuff here on earth....save money for other radio stuff like a echo box?...or a new 200.00 off ebay 10000 watt foot stool if ya now what I mean:drool:
If ya think my wifes ass could squeeze off a beep?? make a beep? think again...fog horn maybe , beep never! ......Waving a hand.....over and out!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.