• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Root Cause of Outage

why not? sunspots can affect each radio band in different ways, why not servers?
I would have said aliens, but everyone knows they wouldn't have messed with the ham section of the board, aliens only probe cb'ers.

why not? sunspots can affect each radio band in different ways, why not servers?
I would have said aliens, but everyone knows they wouldn't have messed with the ham section of the board, aliens only probe cb'ers.

Well the main reason is that servers are not RF. Trust me, if sunspots were strong enough to unleash a CME strong enough to cause another Carrington Event (look it up) there would be a hell of a lot more taken out than a single server. I remember the 1994 failure of Anik E1 and Anik E2 satellites that were caused by a CME. I remember it well because I was called out to our newsroom because we lost all satellite feeds and our CATV provider lost almost all channels due to the loss of satellite feeds.. That event was REALLY strong however nothing land based was affected. It takes an EXTREMELY strong CME event to disrupt terrestrial based equipment and nothing happened that day. Besides that Mole has already said why the server went down.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.