• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Royce radios = trash..

Guys this guy is either the sort of CB-Trash I talk about or he is a troll. Either way, it is best to ignore him. He obviously is ignorant of the history of this hobby and what came before the current POS Exports that have lots of power but built with garbage parts. I doubt the radio's he owns could survive the paint shaker test that Royces would! He also does not understand what the marketplace was like before 40Ch radio's and PLL's where the norm. Few radio's even when they went to 40ch left the factory with more than 3 watt carrier and 60% modulation. This is why power mics where invented and when people started clipping limiters before variable pots where installed to allow adjustment of modulation and low and high power. Long before audio IC's. Most of them had fairly low power transistors.

Best to let ignorant blowhards exhaust themselves and get bored so they just disappear. You do not want to feed the trolls! LOL If you do it is far harder to get them to leave! LOL

This is the sort of guy that would look at the displacement and HP output of a WWII Merlin V12 and call it junk because it's power density is not on par with today's supercharged hi-end automotive engine power densities as seen from Sports cars especially exotics. Not taking into account duty cycle, the time between overhauls, G-loading on the bearing journals, rpm at which rated horsepower is achieved etc.....He is just demonstrating what he does not know! LOL

Last edited:
Sorry she didn't swang hard enough for you :(
My Royce 1-673 is doing well... It's not a Cobra 29 GTL, and I accept that.
But she is well built, reminds me of an APC. (armored personnel carrier)

I agree with many comments in this thread, they can appear "harder to repair", & they can sound awesome after the right person has had a go. Super clean AM out of the box, while it couldn't produce 100% modulation at 4 watts carrier (with original caps).

I think I could/should modify a Royce 1-673 to use a MosFet final, that'd be fun. :whistle:

It is funny you mentioned APC's.....DO not hear that term very often today. That said the M113 is still going strong all these years later and a lot of countries still field some sort of platform that using the now ancient M113 APC as it's foundation.

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.