• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RT Systems local frequency files repository

By chance, anybody have one for NE Georgia (not Atlanta)?

I just ordered the software this morning, so I should have it by the end of week. If nobody has one yet, I'll spend some time over the weekend getting it programmed up and uploaded.

Just checking if its already been done so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
--Alex / KF4YOR

***EDIT***

Don't use this file. Use the one below it. I made this one with 4-5 year old repeater data, stuff WAYYY out of range for what the VX-8 can push, and is overall a great mess -- compared to the tweaked, glossy, shiny file below!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Master File.VX8
    319.9 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
After tweaking, using TravelPlus, editing/naming of banks, etc... Here is the VX8 file for Athens, GA and Madison, GA for 6m, 2m, 1.25m, 70cm, FRS, GMRS, MURS, and Satellites. All properly sorted, edited, and done right.

Not quite certain on what is ACTUALLY contained in the VX8 file -- meaning, my callsign, etc... in the file. If you use this file, just be certain to put your own information in.

Although, it would be kind of interesting to see where "KF4YOR -7" ends up! heh.

Enjoy!
--Alex / KF4YOR

Attachments

• Athens_Madison.VX8
    319.9 KB · Views: 522
Southern NV/Las Vegas

Hey guys, pretty new ham here. Just got my VX-8R last week and spent a couple days playing with it. I think I finally figured out the programming, so here's a list of repeaters in the Las Vegas valley and beyond. This is taken from the AES Las Vegas repeater list which you can find here:http://www.lvrac.org/reptlist.pdf
This is just a first draft, if you have any suggestions or comments I'd be happy to add them to the next version, just PM me if they are too nasty so as to avoid my public humiliation:D. Coming soon I'll be adding the local police, fire, air, and AFB channels. The Nellis channels are especially fun to monitor when Red Flag is going down. Hope this helps a few people out.

Attachments

• SNV Repeaters and Services.VX8
    319.9 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
Hey guys, pretty new ham here. Just got my VX-8R last week and spent a couple days playing with it. I think I finally figured out the programming, so here's a list of repeaters in the Las Vegas valley and beyond. This is taken from the AES Las Vegas repeater list which you can find here:http://www.lvrac.org/reptlist.pdf
This is just a first draft, if you have any suggestions or comments I'd be happy to add them to the next version, just PM me if they are too nasty so as to avoid my public humiliation:D. Coming soon I'll be adding the local police, fire, air, and AFB channels. The Nellis channels are especially fun to monitor when Red Flag is going down. Hope this helps a few people out.

Much appreciated. I go to Vegas a couple of times a year, so this will get used...

Central Alabama - Birmingham Area

Really enjoy this forum. Have had my VX8R for about a year. Bought the international version from Hong Kong (nothing blocked) with the GPS speaker and higher capacity battery. I just picked up the programming software and cable and wonder why I did not get it sooner. Attached is a file that covers middle Alabama

Attachments

• VXBack Up.VX8
    319.9 KB · Views: 424
Middle TN Freq

Hi, these are the frequencies for middle TN (plus a few for AL) that I have on my Yaesu 897D. There are repeaters , simplex, CB, FRS/GMRS, broadcast, AO-27, AO-51, and HO-68 frequencies in this set of memories.

Sam

Attachments

• world wide dx Middle TN Freq.CSV
    8.5 KB · Views: 440
Upload your RT Systems software programming files for your location/area to this thread. Just use the paperclip button to attach it to your post. Make sure you state what area/region the file is for. If you want to upload a specific radio model settings file, make sure you specify the radio it is for.

Trying to upload a RT system file and this error pops up.

May 9th, 2012.FTM350:
Invalid File

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.