• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RT5's in place of RT1's or RT3's?

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
Question:

Has anyone tried using RT5's in place of RT1'S or RT3'S without modifying circuits?

Got a friend that has an RM Italy 703 he's wanting to replace all the original RT1'S with the RT5'S. Will this swap work without issues popping up or modifying the circuit to make them work in this amp?

Reason he's wanting to replace all the RT1'S is because his output has dropped substantially and he's not wanting to replace just one or 2, he's wanting a matched set (16 is a set?).

Also, because he can't find anywhere to get 16 RT1'S. RM Italy told him they're on backorder, Barkette states the same.

Question:

Has anyone tried using RT5's in place of RT1'S or RT3'S without modifying circuits?

Got a friend that has an RM Italy 703 he's wanting to replace all the original RT1'S with the RT5'S. Will this swap work without issues popping up or modifying the circuit to make them work in this amp?

Reason he's wanting to replace all the RT1'S is because his output has dropped substantially and he's not wanting to replace just one or 2, he's wanting a matched set (16 is a set?).

Also, because he can't find anywhere to get 16 RT1'S. RM Italy told him they're on backorder, Barkette states the same.
I may be mistaken but I think you're confusing rm Italys remarked rm1 mosfets with Rangers relabeled RT mosfets.

Now one if the Ranger RT's has been demystified but the rest from both RM Italy and from ranger remain a mystery. Are they both using the same mosfets? Who knows. Are they interchangeable? Without the data sheets it'll be driving blind.

Just my thoughts for whatever it's worth.

my 703 schematic shows the 16 finals are RM3's.

Attachments

• KL703-English-Manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.