• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Same frequency on multiples of 2 on channel selector?

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Hello,

I repaired the clarifier to its original state, and it works great! :)

I figured after fixing it that it would get rid of the issue its having.

When you are on the channel selector, its the same for multiple channels. Example, channels 1 & 2 are the same, 3&4 are the same, 5&6 are the same, etc...

Any ideas on what to check inside or look on the board? I hope something aint toast!

Faulty channel switch. Either rip it apart and clean the corrosion from it or replace the part.

Either that or a broken wire or circuit trace between the ch selector and the PLL chip. Possibly a broken solder pad at the chip itself. Sounds like it is related to the input of the PLL decoder.

Nothing I could find that looks cut/bad solder joints. Only thing would be to see if the channel selector is faulty? The channel numbers are correct and it doesnt jump around. Just weird the channels are the same in sets of 2.

Nothing I could find that looks cut/bad solder joints. Only thing would be to see if the channel selector is faulty? The channel numbers are correct and it doesnt jump around. Just weird the channels are the same in sets of 2.

Look for two pins soldered together on the pll ic.

Also on some of the programming pins on the PLL IC there are disc capacitors that go to ground. Check these caps, as these have been known to go short and will ground out the particular programming pin that it's tied to, which can cause "duplicate" channels.

Good luck!

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.