• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SAND KICKED IN MY FACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what confused me the most is the timeline for all this. I saw the original, unedited first post bemoaning the "not being able to get out" which was at 5pm yesterday. So if i read the following posts correctly he went from Buffalo....to Richmond.....to Florida....then back to Richmond to get it all installed.....all in less than 24 hours.....ummmm......what?

This is what I'm talking about. People reading what they want to read. The original post were basically me having some fun. Check my account. And notice almost identical post that I made in 2012. Secondly nobody took my money. I paid for a product that I wanted, you may think its wrong but what I paid for is what I got. I paid with my money. And I'm happy. Why can't you be happy for me? Whether or not I got ripped off is irrelevant, what matters is am happy with my purchase. Why wont you accept my joy? Why the snide sarcastic remarks?

What you have here is someone hyperextending his shoulder patting himself on the back. With a Wilson 5000 mag mount on the roof of my pickup, I'll cut his radio slap off with a 2 x 2290 amp driving a 4 x 2879 amp on 14 volts.

What's wrong with that? Tell me. What is wrong with me hyper extending my shoulder to pat myself on the back? Why can't I enjoy affirmation. What's wrong with me wanting to be assertive and have self esteem and confidence? What's wrong with that man? Why all the hate. Hating me because of my decisions and my choice of product. Yea. Go ahead and key down on my 2×8 with your 2×4 go ahead. You can't stand to see someone happy can you? Yea misery loves company. You're a hater. Pure and simple.

This is what I'm talking about. People reading what they want to read. The original post were basically me having some fun. Check my account. And notice almost identical post that I made in 2012. Secondly nobody took my money. I paid for a product that I wanted, you may think its wrong but what I paid for is what I got. I paid with my money. And I'm happy. Why can't you be happy for me? Whether or not I got ripped off is irrelevant, what matters is am happy with my purchase. Why wont you accept my joy? Why the snide sarcastic remarks?

then why edit the 1st post? and i never said anything about you being ripped off. personally i could care less how you spend your money to be honest. I guess i just dont get the mentality of trying to compete on channels with radios that are splattering 7 channels up and 7 channels down. youre never gonna "win"

I'm not trying to compete. All I want to do is talk skip. Be heard and have people talk back to me. I tried that with a 45 Watt radio. The conditions were ideal for skip, and I'm sure people heard me, but no one answered me. So I bought a 2×4 fatboy and people not only heard me, they answered me as well. Now I have upgraded to an 8 pill. The goal is to talk skip not go to breaks and compete.

It's called a flatside antenna. Made by BlackAlCapone. You set the swr's on these by pulling the stingers out. For more info Google BlackAlCapone antenna

I am definitely in the wrong business. Iz needz to make mez some supa bowl boxes called da foot broke off in yo aaz series and antenna series called maul all up in yo aaz series...all based off of no technical knowledge other than some bird watts. They need to look big, metal, shiney or krylon black...hey maybe powder coated? People will buy em up. Now that's ME having some fun. But when you test them you have to overmodulate profusely and say something like "keyin on da bowl keyin on da bown keyin on da bowl..now bye buh bye bye and I'm gone now!!"

Reactions: 1 person
Some people. No matter what you do, will always be convinced that what they know is best. These types never think outside the box. When an unorthodox product is proven effective, they become cynical and try to devalue what it is you're doing. This narcissistic mentality is why there is no unity. I like unusual products that work, ones not many people have. But Capone is well known at the breaks and his products speak for themselves ...literally

Hey 442, Troy beat you to it......

This is known as a stargun. I have never tried these before, and they look unusual. But apparently they work, otherwise people wouldn't be buying them. It wouldn't take stargun long to be out of business. From what I understand there is some animosity among Ham radio operators towards am skip radio operators. Hammers as they're called feel like they are the elite in the world of radio. And anything that doesn't conform to their standard is considered an idiot. This holier than thou mentality that Ham operators have suites them...full of themselves as they snicker about how some poor bastard got taken. But the DX subculture is alive and well. More and more people are getting into skip, and circumventing the Ham radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.