• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SAND KICKED IN MY FACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there are intrinsic properties and universal absolutes when it comes to the laws of nature regarding propagation and frequency other radio related dynamics.No one is disputing basic radio science 101. My problem comes when people believe that new and innovative inventions are exempt from the world of radio, and the notion that gullible novice radio enthusiasts will be fooled 100% of the time. This of course is absurd.

This is known as a stargun. I have never tried these before, and they look unusual. But apparently they work, otherwise people wouldn't be buying them. It wouldn't take stargun long to be out of business. From what I understand there is some animosity among Ham radio operators towards am skip radio operators. Hammers as they're called feel like they are the elite in the world of radio. And anything that doesn't conform to their standard is considered an idiot. This holier than thou mentality that Ham operators have suites them...full of themselves as they snicker about how some poor bastard got taken. But the DX subculture is alive and well. More and more people are getting into skip, and circumventing the Ham radio.

The above content is starting to enter the world of locked threads.

All I am going to add is that some people will believe what they want to believe, regardless of the evidencepresented to the contrary, and then blame someone else and call them "elite" for actually knowing the difference between genius and bullshit.

As for more people getting into DX, the bands are finally coming alive. It has nothing to do with circumventing ham radio and turning to 11m instead.

OMFG!! Bwha ha hah hah! Oh..sitting here with an engineer from an AM radio station..I literally just loaded up this thread and we're rollin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.