• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

scanner recommendations

medic18d

Nov 23, 2013
hey guys ,

I'm looking to buy a scanner and i am way behind the times as far as which is the go to scanner/which has the most versatility .
so far i need one that is digital and analog.
for systems like P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking, Type I, Type II and Type IIi modes (both with analog or digital modulation).
i like the idea of not having to programming but really want the capability to do so as well .
but the one option i require on the scanner i buy would be A CLOSE CALL type feature. i heard some automatically temporary store near by transmissions.

i really like the thought of picking up close transmissions /
any help on this would greatly help me , especially due to the fact that they are big $$$$.

if i didn't explain my needs fully please ask /and i will post more …

I think only the 2 top uniden models get p25 phase 2. no idea about 2i. haven't even run across any mention of that.
I'm looking too and have decided to forgo phase 2. michigan's got no plans to go to phase 2 despite rumor of it happening in 2017. they actually deny the rumor on the .gov web page.
for the digital trunking it appears the gre/radio shack/whistler scanner are currently leading the pack. I've read some reports that unidens have trouble with simulcast and differing volume levels between analog and digital that some people find annoying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.