• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scanner suggestions ?

Cabover Bob

Nov 17, 2020
Never owned a scanner and I’m considering getting one for listening to railroad activity. I’m pretty typically a used equipment guy, and there’s a couple of Whistler brand units available nearby, would appreciate opinions on them. Also looking for other suggestions as well as antenna recommendations.

TIA

Todd

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Never owned a scanner and I’m considering getting one for listening to railroad activity. I’m pretty typically a used equipment guy, and there’s a couple of Whistler brand units available nearby, would appreciate opinions on them. Also looking for other suggestions as well as antenna recommendations.

TIA

Todd
I've never used Whistler branded equipment, might some googling and reading on places like Scanner Master that do nothing but sell scanners - they even have a rail section.

Personally I use a little Uniden BC125AT for my railfanning but it's paired with a mobile antenna - sorry I can't give you a model # or Mfg on it, I've had it for forever and a day but came thru the above linked site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.