• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Schematics needed for these AM radio with upd 858

Techno1

Feb 21, 2022
New Hampshire
Looking for some schematics for these radios with the pll upd858.
All Am radios and dont need all just 1 of each if possible.

Im looking for the 36.380 tripler crystal circuit location in the radio a copy of that location would be great if possible.

I searched the internet and hard to find.
Looked on Cb tricks and nothing.

COURIER BLAZER 40D
COURIER CARAVELLE 40D
COURIER CONQUEROR 40D
COURIER NIGHTRIDER 40DR
COURIER RANGLER 40D
COURIER RENEGADE 40
COURIER ROGUE 40

ROBYN GT-410D
ROBYN SX-401
ROBYN SX-402D

FANNON FANFARE 125F
FANNON FANFARE 182F
FANNON FANFARE 184DF
FANNON FANFARE 185DF
FANNON FANFARE 185PLL
FANNON FANFARE 190DF

Yo do know that many of these radios you've mentioned are re-badged Unidens and use previous schematics of other versions of these radios?
Not always exactly the same, but in effect - similar.
Unless I am missing something here?

I have all the cobra XLR 858s schematics I just needed the 36.380 section just in case there is a difference in the listed radios. Seems cb tricks does not have these models. Was wondering if there is another place to find.

thanks tom

The 36.380 is a trippler circuit and the 36.380 divide by 3 = 12.126. So that is the actual frequency of the xtal even though its marked 36.380 most trippler xtals are marked this way. This is why I need some of the schematics to see the pll in these radios. Might of been wrong thinking it was the upd 858pll. Thanks for posting the schematic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.