• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Schottky diode and 2SC2999 swap on EPT3600 board

moose

No good can come of this.
Nov 29, 2009
New Orleans, LA -ish
I have read all the threads and am pretty confident I can do the parts swap. What I don't have the equipment for is the alignment after the fact. So, my question being has anybody sent a similar radio to a shop to have the swap/alignment done and would they recommend them?

Thanks!

You don't need to re-align the radio because you put the four Shottky 1n6263 diodes and 2n2999e transistor in the radio.

You do - however - need to have this radio completely aligned because this chassis type will often go out of alignment more than a Cobra 148GTL will. Notice I said 'complete alignment'; don't settle for anything short of that. The best part is that they often work outstanding for at least a couple of years until another alignment may become necessary once again.

You will be glad you spent the ~$45 to get the job done right. Should be a tech that can do this close by you, so as to defray the extra cost of having to ship it. If not; then 'DTB Radio' is one of the best.

I got a grant classic export modded with 2sc2999e which the tech had to remove as it made 30db over nine noise in the recieve. He said the radio already had plenty of gain and i imagine your export might be the same. I think its just for old school radios from what ive read on this site.

Thanks guys. The radio hasn't been touched since around 2004. With the cycle coming back as good as it has down here I have been using it more and more. Plus when I travel for work I use it as well in the mobile. The ground noise I'm getting is pretty bad. The other day as a base i was getting 3-5 units on SSB. Plus it is just time for a checkup anyway. I was playing with the echo a while back and it would come and go like there is a bad joint somewhere. The knobs are getting scratchy.

your knob would get a touch scratchy too if it hadn't been played with in 7 years ;)

Well, let me rephrase... :D

It hasn't been to see a "Dr." in seven years. So been playing with it for seven years straight and in the last year since the skip has been picking up I her been playing with it incessantly. So, maybe I made the RF gain knob "scratchy"

:):D

Has anybody heard anything from DTB Radio? I sent an email about a week ago to see if be would take my radio and haven't hear anything back yet.

Well, let me rephrase... :D

It hasn't been to see a "Dr." in seven years. So been playing with it for seven years straight and in the last year since the skip has been picking up I her been playing with it incessantly. So, maybe I made the RF gain knob "scratchy"

:):D

I hear there's a few cures "for incessantly playing with it", :blushing::LOL::LOL:

Sadly its not my field of expertise;)

Is there any difference between the 1N6263 & 1N5711? I can't seem to find one place that has both the 2SC2999E & 1N6263. One place says the 1N6263 is obsolete and is replaced by the 1N5711.

Thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.