• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SCOUT 20 4X4

I've seen some long-nosed Sub'er'bans running Wizard boxes that say "55 built steel". Mr. Clean... is 55 & Wizard the same guy?

If so... (y)

I remember drooling :drool: over his white Chevy van right after John (55) had just finished building it. After seeing what he could design/build in the way of an industrial grade, commercial service mobile radio station .... I wouldn't waste a second dropping BIG $$$ (if I had any) to buy from him!!

The "Smart ones" know that it is always better to "Caddilac" your amp, & that's why we... um..., they always sound "10-8 & GR8!!" (y)

BTW - Mr. Clean... which tube you running?

I can remember a friend having to have 2 seperate watt meters....

A Dosy if he was selling...

A Bird if he was buying...

I wonder why? ;)
I have the GS-31B triode in mine. I run it easy at about 20 watts of dk 130 pep. You can run it up to 40 watts dk 210 watts pep and get maybe another 400 or 500 watts on the pep side. With this box he dont recomend more than about 500 watts DK. Thats were I run It. Run it at about 400 watts average most the time. Its a Russian triode and replacement cost is about 85 bucks. Thats what sold me on it. The GS-35B is its big brother and they can be had for about 100 bucks. Im out in the country and have 0 noise. I usually can talk to them if I can hear them on groundwave. On DX Mother Nature runs the show. Talked to a CB shop in Marshall IL at about 100 miles in a direction two days ago I usually dont talk as well as some others. Lots of good groundwave lately. Anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
GS31B should do at least 1200 watts with 100 watts or less drive. I have a GS35B I am using for a build myself. With the right pwr supply should see legal limit easy, as much as 2500 watts with right setup.
Rich

I can remember a friend having to have 2 seperate watt meters....

A Dosy if he was selling...

A Bird if he was buying...

I wonder why? ;)

I remember going into a CB shop in the 70's and he used a Transel meter on the bench. He had it set out to where you could see it without a probelm also. He would show you what your radio did with the meter set to average before he tuned it and set to peak after he tuned it. Many times all he did was remove the cover and put it back on.

Question: Doesn't everyone sell with a Dosy and buy with a Bird? I thought that was SOP?

BC

GS31B should do at least 1200 watts with 100 watts or less drive. I have a GS35B I am using for a build myself. With the right pwr supply should see legal limit easy, as much as 2500 watts with right setup.
Rich
Do you mean avg or pep? I am driving it with a 95t doing about 20 watts dk 120 pep. 500 watt dk. 1400 or so pep. 400 avg running like this. I know I can drive it harder. Its a 1 piece tabletop amp. 2500 volts 1/2 to 1 amp. Driving it to the max recomended the builder said 500 watt dk 1600 pep and after the triode breaks in 2000 pep is what it would do. Said he knows people that drive them harder but thats all he recomends

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated