• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SDR reciever

Hey SI, I had a good friend back about 15 years ago had a PCR 1000 and liked it very much. Primarily used it only as a super scanner on VHF & UHF....running from the cops and whatnot. Anywho, he had ham rigs for for the HF side so didn't need to use it for those bands.

They work fine. Can't help you decide which way to go. Good things to say for either way.

Why not get an HF transceiver instead. You may not use it to TX now but might later. You can still use it for 11 meters now.

You may want to consider what piece will retain a good resale value if you want to lose it later. Kenwoods draw consistently good prices.

What exactly do you need to monitor the most?

Not to monitor really. I would just like listen, maybe thats monitoring. However I thought it would would be a good way for me to get into the higher end of the radio world.

I have been looking at the Icom PCR1000. Not as high end as some of the other units out there thats for sure. But I havent read many complaints about them either. I also like the ability to record with almost unlimited capacity. Or go portable with a laptop.

Thats prolly what I'll go with. Thanks WW.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.