• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SDR Signal Fingerprint

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I joined a SDR owners group. I notice many members are posting videos of noise interference sources. Some are identified, but most aren't.

I've used a portable oscilloscope to record and save a noise signature. Once I did that, I'd drive around in mobile looking for a match. It's the same way Utility's do, when investigating noise complaints. It's pretty accurate. I show them the reading so they can fix the arcing.

Anyway, wonder if there's a way/or a program that would save all these identified noise source signatures and campare them with new unidentified sources? Like, it would be a "fingerprint" database you could submit recorded sources for identification.

It would be nice to have a repository of noise signatures to ID the source. Lots of devices give of a distinctive signature.

Shoot, just send a self-addressed envelope with that request to the
National Reconnaissance Office. Betcha they’ll get right on it as taxpayer requests are first priority.

Tinfoil Hat Territory: TV moved to UHF as previous bands now used for weather modification warfare.

I wholly agree that a comparison base would be great.

Pattern recognition and a large successive approximation register.
The old way was "PVM" but has, since the mid-1990s, largely been supplanted by the much more successful MPI standard for message passing on parallel machines. PVM is free software, released under both the BSD License and the GNU General Public License.

Synchronization with and scanning of a waterfall is nothing new, it just takes raw teraflops.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.