• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sears roadtalker 934-38260702 channel mod

dirtyjob

Feb 16, 2012
Can someone tell me if this radio can be channeled ? sears roadtalker 40, it has am/usb/lsb, its a mobil, model is 934-38260702

thanks for any information.

The C.B. Tune-Up Manual Volume 4 has the channel and clarifier mods for the model 934-38270700. Not sure if it's the same as yours. It has the SM5104 PLL.

Reactions: dirtyjob
About 30 years ago, I once did a Sears Sidebander like this for a friend with the SM5104 PLL in it, it went way down, like into the high 25 MHz area, and up into 10m Ham frequencies. Widebanded the VCO, and Broadbanded the receive and transmit.

P5 - 32 ch jump
P6 - 64 ch jump
P7 - 128 ch jump

- sm5104 pll.jpg

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Can someone tell me if this radio can be channeled ? sears roadtalker 40, it has am/usb/lsb, its a mobil, model is 934-38260702

thanks for any information.

References something very close to your model number later in the thread and schematics are included.

You got to appreciate the Road Talker. I used to have a slant face AM only model. She could walk the walk and talk the talk. The slant face was on the list of radios and antennas that I gave to a friend, because he wanted a CB. Its a rather long regretful list, second list only to rifles and pistols that I traded off for something new, with the thinking I enjoyed the rifle it may be time for someone else to do the same. 10 years later the thought comes to mind- if only I still had that...."Insert CB or Firearm name here."

Here is the channel mod for the 934-38270700:

View attachment 57035View attachment 57036

I've a JCPenney 6241. Someone has installed a DPDT switch already, but I haven't looked at it too close to how it's wired up as I am in process of a recap. It is hooked to the PLL though, and I can check once I get the work done to see where it goes. Looks like maybe 8 and 9 at a quick glance.

I was wondering if anyone had the information to get the 27.425 + and the 27.605 + without using a rotary switch. It's a SM5104 as well, and I think basically the same radio.

I could poke around and figure it out, but I'm being lazy and hoping someone already has the info. I couldn't find too much about it when looking around the web. Not as much info out there as there used to be it seems.

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated