• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sencore cb 42

Mk121

Oct 28, 2015
Can anyone tell me what a good price would be on one of these? Looking to get started in tuning, aligning of radios.

Can anyone tell me what a good price would be on one of these? Looking to get started in tuning, aligning of radios.

Looks like on ebay they run $200-300, no idea what the "going rate" would be though. I wouldn't bother though unless you are really serious about radio. Alignments for freq you can just use a good freq counter with probes. At one time I had all of the equipment, signal generators, scopes, etc and found I used them so rarely I sold it all and put the $$ back in a nice new ham radio that had more options than my test equip :)

When I had my CB42 (many years ago) I liked it a lot. Easy to use, and it made aligning a cb radio a snap. The problem is . . . now these sets are almost 40 years old. Getting a good one that doesn't have problems is a crapshoot at best. Besides, tuning up some of today's 10 meter exports with the CB42 is a stretch.

Personally, I would buy a good rf signal generator, an audio signal generator, 100 mhz freq counter, a GOOD wattmeter (like a Diawa CN-801HP), and a 100w Dummy load. I really think your money would be better spent like this. If you shop around you can find all of these pieces reasonably priced.

But if you're really set on a CB42, go for it. When it's working 100%, it's a great piece of equipment.

Yes your are probably right. I just liked the fact of the cb42 being an all-in-one type setup. Looks like I will start looking for separate pieces to start putting a bench together.

Eastside, how do you like it? Do you think it's a good piece to get if I want to get into repairing and tuning cb's?

I only used it to tune the receive in on my old tube radios...worked great for that....but I never learned how to do all the other stuff its capable of doing....it came with a lot of test cables that I do not know what they are for?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.