• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

send to shop or no..

Mouser has them for $.70/ea.

EDIT___
I take that back, Mouser has the 520N for $.89/ea. They have the 520PBF for $1.70/ea., I got them mixed up.

IRF520N

IRF520PBF

Last edited:
thanks guys,,i,ll ship er off..i guess the worst can happen is sell it for parts....i realy miss this radio,,i run it with a turner plus 3 n got nothing but good reports plus with the extra power helps with the skip conditions now....

If Bob's don't want to touch it, I could have a peek in there for you, and see if there's an issue and if it can be fixed. Hate to see it get scrapped for parts.

~Cheers~

Exit13..talked to bob n he said send it in..hate to do it though,,seems strange a radio would cut out 10 minutes after i stopped talkin on it but what are you gonna do ? ,i,ll proubly send it back to bobs tomorrow but im gonna fax ranger first to see if they got ideas i can try at home tonight....

I'm with Exit13, you've lost one or more IRF520's in the PA section. A FET tends to go short where a bipolar will go open.

It's hard to say what happened really, but if you decide to sell it broke instead of fixing it, let me know, I've go one tore apart here myself I need to get back to.

just a update,,bob has had the radio for a week now,his guy said they were back logged with radios..soon as he can get and diagnose it i,ll let ya know..meanwhile i,ll set here an whistle the jeaporty tune..

Glad to hear you like Bobs, he had my radio over 4 weeks and never even looked at it, so he's off of my list for repair shops, I'd rather deal with R&R and wait 2 months then wait for Bobs they ignored me and my Magnum Radio repairs. I can get ignored at home by the wife and not send a radio 300 miles away

whelp,,they,ve had it 16 days n holdin and not a word yet..mebe they need to hire some more help..

Last edited:
i wouldn't worry about it if he has a good reputation. I've waited up to 6 months for a radio to be returned from a tech.

Well Splash keep us up to a time frame, if you get your back within 4 weeks that will be a surprise to me, speaking of that how about we start a lottery on when he gets his radio back, get Splash to give us the date he sent it in and we can go from there, and I talking repaired not just looked at LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.