• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Seriously?

I've had a few of these and still have one in the collection. Nice amp, but it's output is nowhere near what the seller claims. 800 watts out of a 1x3 6LQ6 combo? I don't think so. It'll do 500 if you hit it hard enough but it won't sound good and the tubes will quickly flatten. It will run at about 350 all day long and sound good doing it, but more than that and you are asking for trouble.

I have that ones brother, the Kicker 500...exact same, just different color. I payed $250 for mine...With New tubes it will peak at 550, but usually your talking between 300-350ish, and that's with my Cobra 2000...hotter radio, and you would probably fry that box, they are a low drive amp.

Here's another one exactly like the Firebird on eBay, only with a different paint-job and at a more reasonable price.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=121575995968

Last edited:
"Swinger F-505"

I like the name of that amp. Sounds like it works and... it's a jet airplane.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.