• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Service Advisement On The S-400-12 Switching Power Supplies

Have 2 of these 30 amp supplies. Daily users. Awesome deal on ebay … blah blah you know them.

There's dust everywhere. Can't avoid it …. although it has been suggested to slide a leg of thin panty hose over the unit to keep dust out …. or rig your own filter.

One of mine experienced a dust buildup on the fan blades and it when it reached a critical point it put the fans blades off-balance making the fan suddenly hard-to-start and noisy.

Easy fix. The top comes right off and the fan is the only thing attached to the top. Open top and with a small brush, remove all the dust from both sides of the fan blades, then if you have it, blow off the fan with compressed air be sure to get into the little crack-space where the fan blade mounts onto the fan motor.

Fan operation right back to normal.View attachment 14043
Have 2 of these 30 amp supplies. Daily users. Awesome deal on ebay … blah blah you know them.

There's dust everywhere. Can't avoid it …. although it has been suggested to slide a leg of thin panty hose over the unit to keep dust out …. or rig your own filter.

One of mine experienced a dust buildup on the fan blades and it when it reached a critical point it put the fans blades off-balance making the fan suddenly hard-to-start and noisy.

Easy fix. The top comes right off and the fan is the only thing attached to the top. Open top and with a small brush, remove all the dust from both sides of the fan blades, then if you have it, blow off the fan with compressed air be sure to get into the little crack-space where the fan blade mounts onto the fan motor.

Fan operation right back to normal.View attachment 14043
could not get rf out of my rci 2990

I have the MegaWatt 30 amp one, running an RCI-2950 and and Outcom Force. Never had a shortage of power for either one. The receive is always nice and quiet, as least as quiet as can be with the John Deere Foundry less than a mile away.

Highly recommended!!

I have s-400 running my bench mobile for 3 years. It's in panty hose and I clean it off every now and again. It works flawlessly. It has a fan but never hear it come on.

I also have 2 s-700, don't have any complaints at all. Been running them for about 6 months. When un use they draw about 85 to 90 amps with only about .5 volt drop at 90a set to 14.3 v. 14.3 is as high as it will go too with out doing some mods. The most I'd ever need is 14.5 so no mods done here.

If I were to complain about anything it would be that the fans are a little loud and run non stop. I have mine under the bench so it's not to bad, even when running a d104.

Also the real USA made megawatt PS have great after purchase customer support. The owner always replys back to emails within an hr.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.