• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Setting SWR on a Uniden PC 78 LTW

Dwall174

Nov 10, 2006
Does the S/RF, Cal, SWR, switch on a Uniden PC 78 LTW isolate the control knobs function from the circuit while in the S/RF location? I plan to install a new antenna & will be using a regular SWR meter to match it up. I just wasn’t sure if there’s a special setting that’s used while using a regular SWR meter!

naw man if you buying a new meter or what ever the case may be if it has swr meter on it you do it just like you would on the radio you dont have to do nothin to the radio to read your swrs on a watt meter just turn you mic gain off and cal brate your meter and the switch to see your swr check them on chan 1 20 40 if your swrs are higher on 1 than 40 adjust your match or antenna lenth up or if higher on 40 than 1 adjust it down if im wrong some one fill me in it may be the other way around not real shore but if you just talk on a sertin channle just git them as low as you can on that channle mine is dead on ch 26 high on 1 low on 40 but i stay on 26. 73's god bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.