• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

setting swr

Ashtonford

Aug 4, 2006
should my power selector be set to low on my general lee radio when setting the swr on my antenna in my truck? Iam using a radio shack meter

I would use the lowest power setting the radio had to set the swr to begin with.

When you get the swr as low as you can then bump up the power and fine tune the antenna as needed

was pretty cool while I was tuning my antenna on my truck made a contact on am 22 from OK. Iam in Victoria Bc in Canada so that was a nice bit of skip. Was running my general lee barefoot

as long as you have enough power to move the needle to the calibrate line, and not too much to blow the meter, you can go either way.

aside from re-calibrating the meter to adjust to the different power, your power level shouldn't matter. from what I've seen, a good match will be a good match and power increases and decreases don't change it.

of course if you key up with higher power and a bad match it would be more strain on the final(s), but for the couple of seconds you need to adjust and read the meter there shouldn't be a problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.