• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Setting up Mobile

Moose39465

Oct 7, 2020
Hello everyone this will be my first post on forum and looking forward to your answers. I’m in the process of setting up my mobile and had a few questions about wavelength. Most of these calculators online give you a coax length of either quarter or half and I’m not sure what value to use. My antenna is going to be a quarter wave whip with hustler spring and fatboy mount. I’m have a custom stainless rod threaded and cut 2 inches to make a full 108 inch antenna. Not sure if that’s necessary but I would rather do it right the first time. I’m running a galaxy 44hp and Carl built 6 pill. I have grounded everything and upgraded wire from alternator to battery. Before I started cutting coax for jumpers and to antenna I was hoping to get some input from you guys. So is it quarter or half wave? Thanks Moose

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.