• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shakespeare big stick fiberglass base CB antenna

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Shakespeare big stick base antenna. This is a 1/2 wave fiberglass antenna. It is 18 ft tall and is made up of a 10 ft and an 8 ft piece. With a stock 4 watt CB radio and this antenna mounted at only 15 feet in the air, I have talked 25 miles when skip was not rolling. When skip was rolling, I was able to make contacts from west central Missouri to the Northeast coast and Southeast coast of the U.S., all on the same stock 4 watt CB radio $30. You pick up.

antenna001.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover

i have done a half wave vertical end fed build for 11meters.same as the station master hf half wave.im need to know the dimension of the coil?number of windings of the coil and the size of the spacing inbetween?i dont want to use a balun or gamma match.every one i asked so far told me to do either a balun 4.1 or gamma match.or build a dipole.i would rather finish my half wave.only the coil is needed to set the swr correctly.is there some one here that might be able to help please?this would be my first half wave build.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.