• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shockwave Antenna

i would not worry too much about stainless on 6063-t8

i just took down my i-10k after 12 years of use,
its never been cleaned or sealed on the trombone connections,

the antenna never had any issues with vswr changing over time or bad connections,

i never had any cb antenna up that long without needing some kind of servicing or fixing because it snapped,

my blind buddy up the hill still has his i-10k up 11 years untouched,

his sirio 827's used to last 18-24 months before galvanic corrosion on the coil connections made them go open circuit blowing up amplifiers or his president jackson final.

I bought one of these antennas in January of this year & waited for the Imax 2000 to come down so as to replace it. I opened the box today & discovered there is no documentation or assemble instructions. Does anyone out there have scans of these that they are willing to send me? TNX in advance. Rusty

I have one. It is very well made and will handle a lot of power. It comes with all the sections marked so minimal tuning is required. As far as performance I don't think most people will notice an improvement vs a penetrator 500 or maco 5/8. It replaced my maco v5000 and I'm glad I bought it. A few people say they hear me better but that tends to happen when you put up a new antenna.
I bought one of these antennas in January of this year & waited for the Imax 2000 to come down so as to replace it. I opened the box today & discovered there is no documentation or assemble instructions. Does anyone out there have scans of these that they are willing to send me? TNX in advance. Rusty
Peanut read the bold print above from 543_Dallas. It might answer your question if you got the Shockwave from the builder and not on e-bay.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated