• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Side By Side Comparisons of Uniden 68/Uniden 680, and Uniden 78/Uniden 880?

ahh

Feb 29, 2012
--I hope everyone is having a good week. I have been looking at the new Uniden mobiles (680 and 880) and was wondering if the circuit boards were similar to the older Uniden 68 and 78s? Also, regardless of whether or not the circuit boards are about the same/similar, has anyone actually put these radios side by side, next to their "counterparts", the older (yet current) 68 and 78? I truly hope these radios are at least as good as the older models, and in my opinion, these two radios are some of the nicest looking CBs in many years. I have also read about a Uniden 980 with SSB, but until I see it in production, it is just vaporware. However, I wish they had called it "Grant", as so many people have fond memories of that radio, including myself.

P.S.
Just got to thinking...since they added a frequency display on the 880, I wonder if there is some sort of frequency mod. for this radio (or mods. for the 680 by chance)? I cannot really see the use of a frequency display on this radio, but whatever.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.