• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sigma 5/8 wave antenna

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
I have a brand new Sigma 5/8 silver rod with the 3 small radials still in the box.
All I've done is open it and look at it and right back in the box it went. When I bought it I believe I paid about $78 dollars for it. That was 3 yrs ago or so. Where I live I'm not allowed to put up any antenna so, not sure what to do with it. No base station operators in my area so, if anyone might be interested, I would let it go for $65.00 dollars. The shipping will be high I'm sure. If not, I'll try and sell it locally. But, not too many "Radioee's", in this area anymore.
I wish I could try it but, it's a no go here.

I have a brand new Sigma 5/8 silver rod with the 3 small radials still in the box.
All I've done is open it and look at it and right back in the box it went. When I bought it I believe I paid about $78 dollars for it. That was 3 yrs ago or so. Where I live I'm not allowed to put up any antenna so, not sure what to do with it. No base station operators in my area so, if anyone might be interested, I would let it go for $65.00 dollars. The shipping will be high I'm sure. If not, I'll try and sell it locally. But, not too many "Radioee's", in this area anymore.
I wish I could try it but, it's a no go here.
Where are you located? That could make a difference in your replies wether it be they may be close or how it factors into shipping. If I was close enough I'd take it for a spare.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Just wanted to make a mention about this antennas performance.

So this is my second sigma of this kind as the first one didn't survive the panhandle spring winds. It made it about 2 weeks and propagation at that time was terrible so needless to say I prematurely gave the antenna a bad review.

Fast forward to the last 2 months. It had been boxed up in the attic for a couple of years and paid only about 60 bucks shipped at that time it was purchased. The antler has now been up for around 2 month and I've had to be cautious with keeping close tabs on the wind forecast because it's just the nature here. The performance has been far beyond what I'd expected. It's worth mentioning that the folks at sigma make a good light duty antenna and for what you pay, you get a lot. Nothing but barefoot radios transmit through it and it has worked as many or more dx than the maco v58 that I once owned.

Anyhow the point is, it's a good antenna, and still a good price even today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.