• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sigma Eurocom Skip Master 5/8 or Thunderpole Galaxy 5/8

Mark Scannura

Sep 22, 2014
Anyone have any experiance with either of these 5/8 wave fiberglass stick antennas? They have been around for a while in the Europe markets. Its the same antenna marketed under 2 names. They some times appear on eBay here in the states.

Well, if a 3/8 long antenna isn't short enough or poor enough a performer for you, you could always stick a Little Will on top of your refrigerator.

Hmm, looking at the pictures they appear to be the same.

Yes they appear to be exactly the same antenna. I ordered the Thunderbolt Galaxy 5/8 wave and have been using it for about a year now. Its hard to comprehend the performance because I dont have a good comparison on this property. That said, there is a good group of locals here my area of New Hampshire. I can talk to anyone of them barefoot and the furtherest guys are more than 35 air miles from me. I can QSO with them no issues at all. I can talk skip to anyone I can hear. I do have an A99 also that I'm going to put up soon so I can measure side by side in real live performance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.