• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sign in again, and again, and again....

cyclops1970

Gay Nazi Liberation Party
Apr 5, 2005
Bristol, VA
Why is it that after getting to the site, the first time I browse thru the posts I have to log in...and find one I want to reply to and hit "Reply"...type out my reply and hit "Post" and then....have to log in again...??? Is there some sort of time limit (like 5 minutes or something) where I get booted if I'm composing a reply?

vBulletin has a timer option that can be set to a certain amount of time that it keeps a user logged in (idle) before logging them out. If you exceed that time limit while composing your post you need to log back in to post it. It happens to me on vBulletin forums all the time...

I doubt the site is your problem, sounds more like an issue with Browser Cookies, try relaxing the security on your browser a bit Tools/options in Firefox, Tools/internet options in IE, then choose privacy tab.

I had to login once back when the new site came online and that was it.The only other times I had to log back on was after some site maintenance was done but that has been only a very few times.I stay logged in for months at a time.

usually, i try not to align myself with supporters of-or even those with knowledge of-the 'Gay Nazi Liberation Party', but i must agree with cyclops, i have to log in again almost every time i attempt to post, even if i am actively reading/posting here. as forthe 'save login' feature, it doesn't. ever.
say hello to milli for me, or was it vanilli....would've never suspected him of being a nazi, but now that i think about it, 'gay' & 'lip syncher' just might have a connection......

This is odd. I have looked at some settings and see nothing wrong. :headbang Like I said I have been logged in now for weeks and weeks and the "remember my logon" always works for me here. Now over on QRZ.com where they also have the same forum software I have to constantly log on.Gets to be a real pain I agree. Perhaps more looking at "stuff" is needed.

QRN, no idea what kind of support you've paid for with your Vbulletin package but if its still there hit them boys up, thats what you pay for, and chances are they've probably dealt with this issue before.... I still suspect a cookie issue on the users end but I'm not an expert....

I would think if it was forum software then it should affect everyone the same. I know over on QRZ.com it seems that everyone is affected the same way.We all have to constantly login if absent for anymore than a day or so but sometimes it varies. I'll check with some other admins and see what they have to say.

I just had a thought. Yeah it does happen from time to time. :D Those who cannot remain logged in, do you clear your temp internet files or cookies when you close your browser? That will cause the problem. The "remain logged in" feature requires a cookie to remember your logon info and if you clear it then you will have to logon everytime you come back here.

I just had a thought. Yeah it does happen from time to time. :D Those who cannot remain logged in, do you clear your temp internet files or cookies when you close your browser? That will cause the problem. The "remain logged in" feature requires a cookie to remember your logon info and if you clear it then you will have to logon everytime you come back here.

Nope, I don't think that's it. I sometimes have to log in multiple times in a single session. I can log in, begin composing a great lengthy, incisive treatise on the way the world is and how it should be :LOL: and be brought back down to the level of mere mortals as soon as I hit the "submit" button and get hammered with a "We're sorry you have exceeded the number..." login screen telling me I need to register....

Log out. Set browser security permissions to the default medium. Clear your cookies. Re sign in. Should be good to go.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.