• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Simple Crystal Checker

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
Wanted to share a simple crystal checker build with you folks in need of testing crystals.
crystal-checker.JPG

I built a little one of these a while back, very similar schematic. It works great!

I was thinking about a v.2 with a few added functions. If there were a switchable capacitor in series with the crystal, it could be used for the G3UUR crystal parameter test. I was also thinking that if I carefully measure the negative resistance of the oscillator and plot that vs frequency, varying that pot would provide the Rm value (turn until it wont oscillate, Rm = Negative resistance + pot value where it quit). I'd have the Rm, Cm, and Lm of the crystal with just that oscillator and a FC. Some day I'll get to it, I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_135435350_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230324_135435350_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: Crossbow
I usually use several programs to rejuvenate large schematics, but in this case it was done with Paint Shop Pro X by copying and pasting the various symbols taken from a template. The fonts and connecting lines is a product contained within Paint Shop Pro. The image is then cropped, reduced to grayscale, and saved without any compression applied. To reduce file size, the saved file is then converted to a jpg with ACDSee v3.1 at 80% compression. I have never found a better jpg compression program than ACDSee. It simply leaves no leftover artifacts like everything else I tried at that compression level.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated