• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sinclair Vertical

murdog

May 25, 2008
I got a call from a company I used to climb for to pull down a antenna and tower knowing I was in town and can always use the towers.
The antenna is a Sinclair about twenty feet long first 16 is fiber glass the last four is alum tag was weathered all I could see is the company name .
Does anyone know what I have ?? I have looked on line but no luck .

The last four is aluminum? You mean the bottom four feet? It sounds like a collinear VHF type but beyond that who knows. Sinclair Radio Labs (Sinclabs) made some VERY nice commercial antennas over a very wide frequency range. Without pictures or something else to go on it is next to impossible to tell you what you have. Have another look at that ID tag. Usually the exact frequency range was stamped into it or on the antenna feedpoint as the same model number was made to cover several different frequency ranges such as VHF aviation band, 136-148 MHz, 140-165 MHz etc all with the same model number but with the frequency range stamped on it somewhere.

Reactions: Mudfoot
Might try putting a VHF/UHF capable antenna analyzer on it, you might get it nailed down for sure that way... or maybe hook it to an old analog scanner from 120- 174 Mhz scanning range and see what it hears...???
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:
It's possibly a 48-50mhz 1/4-1/2-1/2-1/4 coaxial colinear with the top 1/4 wave extended outside for fine tuning

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.