• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

single final wattage

Let's convert all of this to IPP!

Back in the 60's and 70's some of the junk electronics used the IPP watt rating. IPP is Instantaneous Peak Power. A bs rating that made people think they were buying top notch electronic equipment.
The IPP could be just one huge peak of short duration. Really meant nothing at all as far as sound quality went.
Sort of like the real estate description "Fall away lot" which means mountain goats routinely fall to their deaths.

Tallman

Reactions: 1 person
Just for grins I did a little research on the dual final radios. FET's are real easy to setup in parallel and required just one jumper. Was there any additional output? Not really. The limiting factor is all of the DC power resistance in the circuits. At the most maybe 1/2 to 1 watt gain maximum. As it was said earlier, "Not worth the effort."

Truckers still use CB radios? LOL The dump truckers by me barely have enough audio to get through their own carrier, much less scatter a few channels.
If I am putting a signal in the red on someone and didn't bleed at least 10 channels, the radio would go in the dumpster. For the life of me I will never understand why a few operators think bleeding a few channels is the devil's work....it just mean loud audio. It is just CB radio for heavens sake.

Last edited:
I just bought the meter they use.

I bought a Workman dual meter 3P SWR / Power meter that
was new in the packaging from an Amazon Dealer.

This meter is soooo good that I can show you that my bone stock
Cobra 29 NW Classic kicks out..... 40Watts!

It went off the 10 watt scale and I had to look at the 100 watts scale
to read my FWD power. WOW!

The field strength meter does not work but with that kind of
power reading who cares! What fun that is.

Seriously, apparently no one calibrated this meter.
It seems like it is marketed under several brands.

Needless to say, I am waiting for the seller to authorize a return
as I have no way to calibrate it.

I just bought the meter they use.

I bought a Workman dual meter 3P SWR / Power meter that
was new in the packaging from an Amazon Dealer.

This meter is soooo good that I can show you that my bone stock
Cobra 29 NW Classic kicks out..... 40Watts!

It went off the 10 watt scale and I had to look at the 100 watts scale
to read my FWD power. WOW!

The field strength meter does not work but with that kind of
power reading who cares! What fun that is.

Seriously, apparently no one calibrated this meter.
It seems like it is marketed under several brands.

Needless to say, I am waiting for the seller to authorize a return
as I have no way to calibrate it.

If you got it through amazon all I can say is Good Luck! The cheap price has it's own price.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.