• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio 2008 vs 2016

take a drive in my 4440 n you be DAMM QUIET AS MY CAR STEERS NICE . oh that ac is COLD as a month old corpse in alaska in winter.
if you were near by id give you a ride even let you drive
AC?
When I used to drive tractor we did not have any AC. You were lucky if you got a umbrella in the summer when it was 100 degrees.
And in the winter you wrapped canvas around the tractor and directed the heat from the radiator back to the seat, that was the heater.
The good old days.

Jeff

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb and undertaker
AC?
When I used to drive tractor we did not have any AC. You were lucky if you got a umbrella in the summer when it was 100 degrees.
And in the winter you wrapped canvas around the tractor and directed the heat from the radiator back to the seat, that was the heater.
The good old days.

Jeff
i got a decent shape heater wrap for the 1650 oliver i traded in on the 4440. and my 4010 was open used umbrella as well as my little case tractors n dads 2 john deeres. my first cab tractor had no ac. it was that oliver i bought a cab from a neighbor.i had cows 3 miles from home.we had a bad winter.i put it on that oliver n survived better. i took the heater out of an old chevy car we had in the junk.heater was a sears add on heater.got a new 12 volt fan motor n i was good.then got that jd and a 1370 case my only 2 ac equipped tractors.
did my share of work on open tractors.
when i got that 4440 id think damm if dad was alive he would love this 1. he died in 79 and my oliver was a big tractor to him

Jeff I remember those days!!
raked n mowe3d lots of hay with a B jd,cultivated lots too with umberalla. dad usually ran the A jd then he bought a 630 jd,then i bought my oliver n he died
when im farming i sure wish he was here getting to drive the 4440.id stay in the heat to let him run it n stay cool

well year later ,im very happy with my 2008.its took very harsh winds this year.
took it down this summer to inspect it see how its doing. all was tight so back up she went talking long and far.
im sure greg t is happy with his by now also
undertaker,audioshockwave i sadly sold my big tractor. its used more and thats good. but i ended up with a big 400 case 60 hp and it would pull a tower up easy id say,sold the white case to a neighbor too

Attachments

• 20230517_145414.jpg
    20230517_145414.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
well year later ,im very happy with my 2008.its took very harsh winds this year.
took it down this summer to inspect it see how its doing. all was tight so back up she went talking long and far.
im sure greg t is happy with his by now also
undertaker,audioshockwave i sadly sold my big tractor. its used more and thats good. but i ended up with a big 400 case 60 hp and it would pull a tower up easy id say,sold the white case to a neighbor too
Yup, my 2008 is running just fine. The only issue with mine is that it's kinda close to tree limbs and hard wind pushed a branch over and tweaked one of my radials to the side. No harm done. Gonna leave it be.

Reactions: Keto and Rwb
Yup, my 2008 is running just fine. The only issue with mine is that it's kinda close to tree limbs and hard wind pushed a branch over and tweaked one of my radials to the side. No harm done. Gonna leave it be.
i did add that ring to stabilize the radials .helped a lot

i did add that ring to stabilize the radials .helped a lot

I wanted to order that stabilizer when I ordered the antenna and was told it wouldn't fit. Supposedly it's only for the 827. I told the guy the 827 and the 2008 are the same antenna with some small aesthetic differences. The bases are the same. He refused to sell me one because the factory didn't offer it that way. I should have just made a separate order for it afterwards, but forgot about it.

Reactions: Rwb
i had a bent radial on last time down.my fault.on on a still day i took a full joint of 2 inch pvc,cut a slot in 1 end .took a few trys but i got the bend in the slot,twisted pipe till looked close n all is well now. not antennas fault but my fault
Yup, my 2008 is running just fine. The only issue with mine is that it's kinda close to tree limbs and hard wind pushed a branch over and tweaked one of my radials to the side. No harm done. Gonna leave it

Reactions: Greg T
2008 up for a couple of years now and still doing well. Had some nasty storms with wind and only suffered one bent radial from a tree limb.

Attachments

• IMG_3684.JPG
    IMG_3684.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Miura, Keto and Rwb
2008 up for a couple of years now and still doing well. Had some nasty storms with wind and only suffered one bent radial from a tree limb.
Mine is still holding also after 4 very gusty storms! 2 years now and a slightly bent radial due to heavy bird sitting on edge summer time.

Attachments

• IMG_1738X.jpeg
    IMG_1738X.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Greg T and Rwb
Mine is still holding also after 4 very gusty storms! 2 years now and a slightly bent radial due to heavy bird sitting on edge summer time.
mine been up about as long as greg t's has been up. i took mine down for new coax 3 weeks ago.everything was tight and we have had very harsh winds so far

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.