• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio 2008 vs 2016

Great Antenna!! Has great ears and talks great. The other night I talked my first over the pond long Skip to Australia Island called Tasmania. I'm on Vancouver Island Canada North Pacific. I talk lots of skip and local and I get out great with it. As for bad weather hold up . We just had a bad wind storm here on the Island this past week and she held up fine. For the money you can't beat this Antenna. Easy to tune and setup.

Attachments

• 20220514_123708.jpg
    20220514_123708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Great Antenna!! Has great ears and talks great. The other night I talked my first over the pond long Skip to Australia Island called Tasmania. I'm on Vancouver Island Canada North Pacific. I talk lots of skip and local and I get out great with it. As for bad weather hold up . We just had a bad wind storm here on the Island this past week and she held up fine. For the money you can't beat this Antenna. Easy to tune and setup.
im veery satisfied with mine. when i ordered my 2008 a neighbor said noo good .i said we will see. its good

Can't wait till my Vacation week in July that I'm taking off work, planning to put up my Siro 2008 on a 6 foot mast using a eaves roof mount,and replacing the Antron 99,at least that's the plan, good to hear from the other members that this was a good choice for a CB antenna,or at least for me a upgrade................

hope all goes right today cause my 2008 is slated to grow taller. tip should be about 40-45' tall. it gets out great that might make it even greater and it hears great too

Can't wait till my Vacation week in July that I'm taking off work, planning to put up my Siro 2008 on a 6 foot mast using a eaves roof mount,and replacing the Antron 99,at least that's the plan, good to hear from the other members that this was a good choice for a CB antenna,or at least for me a upgrade................
Well folk's, between going away with Dad during my vacation and having pneumonia the week before and then Dad gets COVID again when we got home from vacation,it just never happened,so I'm thinking now about just keeping my antron 99 and 30 foot RG213 in place for now( both are less then 3 years old) since they are working well for me,and when it comes time to move( I live with my Dad to help take care of him since Mom passed 2 yrs ago) and I'll just leave the Siro 2008 antenna and cable and other hardware I bought boxed up , and save it for the new place to where I move whenever that may be!!

Last edited:
I have my ticket. I have the 2016 tuned for the center of 10m and 11m, about 2.5:1 on the extremes. It resonates on other bands well, down on 20m and 40m (IIRC). I also have a tuner when needed. Made a ton of contact on it.

It has been up for a few years now, The coil is about 20ft in the air.
I don't have the room for ground based radials. Had to get it up on the air.

I also have an OCF dipole hanging in the yard, minor inverted V, and compare the two frequently.
With in the same contact, have switched back and forth.
The vertical (down to 40m) compare very well during the contacts.
I don't remember how the vertical fared below 40m.

IIRC, my furthest trip was to Island of Crete, on both.
I've also made contact on the vertical to Moldova (based on calls), he said he was in Ukraine.

The only thing I noticed, and it's documented of vertical vs horizontal.. the vertical does pick up more QRN that the horizontal just doesn't hear.

When talking skip vertical / vs horizontal doesn't really matter. The polarization gets mangled during the trip per say.
For local, straight shots, it does make a difference by several S units.

got the sirio 2008 up to 30 ft at base of antenna. im using diffrent approach to guy lines this time cause many bitched me out for using aircraft stainless steek cable direct on my 2 meter antenna. im using cheep rope and using cheep ratchet strap winches to keep lines taught . if that dont work i think my big green tractor might snug each line upIMG-7457.JPGIMG-7459.JPG

and i can do it with its new $1585. ac workingIMG-7458.JPG

Reactions: Keto
Well folk's, between going away with Dad during my vacation and having pneumonia the week before and then Dad gets COVID again when we got home from vacation,it just never happened,so I'm thinking now about just keeping my antron 99 and 30 foot RG213 in place for now( both are less then 3 years old) since they are working well for me,and when it comes time to move( I live with my Dad to help take care of him since Mom passed 2 yrs ago) and I'll just leave the Siro 2008 antenna and cable and other hardware I bought boxed up , and save it for the new place to where I move whenever that may be!!
hoping the best for your dad n you

Been a John Deere fan all of my life!!! I want a 4020 diesel to drive around town!!
i owned a nice 4010 my ex caused me to sell it but my 4440 she didnt want cause it had money against it.after she was outta the picture i paid the note off

My uncle owned a dairy farm he took me riding on his 4020 needless to say I was hooked . That was back in the sixties…

Reactions: Rwb
My uncle owned a dairy farm he took me riding on his 4020 needless to say I was hooked . That was back in the sixties…
take a drive in my 4440 n you be DAMM QUIET AS MY CAR STEERS NICE . oh that ac is COLD as a month old corpse in alaska in winter.
if you were near by id give you a ride even let you drive

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.