• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 2016

Yes the 2016 has the black plastic connectors with the little screws to hold the joints together.

Well, the best thing to do is use Scotchbright to clean the joints, put them together bone dry, spray them with clear enamel or urethane, quickly install the plastic seals, spray them again, use a piece of shrink tube 2" longer on either end, and then spray them again. You'll never have to touch them again. Takes a little longer, but I did this many many years ago to a Ringo I had. when I took it down it was perfect. Also did it on an original Star Duster that was up for a couple of decades. Never an issue.

Reactions: Rwb
yes our 2008's have black plastic n screws
Doesn't the 2016 come with those black plastic connectors that join and seal the joints? My 2008 did. Then I sprayed them with clear enamel, used shrink tube, and sprayed them again.
'

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.