• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio and DNJ

ponykilr

Feb 20, 2014
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to DNJ Radio and to Sirio. I ordered a Sirio roof mount with coax and it came from DNJ to here in NC in 2 days, and this was with standard shipping.

The quality of the mount is great and a wrench and metal PL259 cap/cover is included, I am very happy with it. I can't wait until the P5000 gets here. I am just done with Wilson :thumbdown:

Will put up some pics when I get it mounted on my F250 crewcab. The Wilson 5000 on my wife's Expedition will be replaced with a Sirio P5000 too once this install is complete.

Give DNJ a try, they seem to be good people.

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to DNJ Radio and to Sirio. I ordered a Sirio roof mount with coax and it came from DNJ to here in NC in 2 days, and this was with standard shipping.

The quality of the mount is great and a wrench and metal PL259 cap/cover is included, I am very happy with it. I can't wait until the P5000 gets here. I am just done with Wilson :thumbdown:

Will put up some pics when I get it mounted on my F250 crewcab. The Wilson 5000 on my wife's Expedition will be replaced with a Sirio P5000 too once this install is complete.

Give DNJ a try, they seem to be good people.

I agree, DNJ is a good place to do business with. One night, around 9PM, I sent them an inquiry on one of their Sirio products and to my amazement it was answered immediately. After a series of back and forth e-mails and a quick check of his inventory I ordered what I needed. Can't ask for better service than that! Just wondering why it takes two days to get my shipment, same as you and I live only 60 miles from the warehouse. LOL

Just a heads up...
I found the shipping charges to be a fair amount lower on DNJ'S dedicated antenna web site compared to the DNJ main site.(Not that they were high on the main DNJ site) It may be just a glitsh in the system but it saved me almost $10.00.
I ordered an antenna last friday about 4am here on the east coast and by lunch my time, it was already marked shipped and I had a tracking number. A couple of hours after that it had already been picked up by the carrier.
Awesome service. Thanks DNJ!
Now if the weather would just cooperate.

Got my P5000 today. I am impressed. It is really well made and just exudes quality. It is a few inches taller than my Wilson 5000 but I don't think that it will be a problem. I hope it performs as well as I hope. The last few Wilson antennas I have had are so poorly made as to be embarrassing.....step one, drill a hole to let the water drain.....

Reactions: 1 person
Got my Sirio Performer 5000 and Sirio hard mount installed today. Everything went smoothly and I believe more than ever that this is the best all around mobile antenna. I have only had this truck about 3 months (previous Expedition was totaled by my daughter) and I will need to do some bonding with straps to get it all dialed in.

Reactions: 5 people
Nice. Its a shame $9/gallon gas prices make having something like that just too expensive to run here in Blighty.

Reactions: 1 person
Got my Sirio Performer 5000 and Sirio hard mount installed today. Everything went smoothly and I believe more than ever that this is the best all around mobile antenna. I have only had this truck about 3 months (previous Expedition was totaled by my daughter) and I will need to do some bonding with straps to get it all dialed in.

The installation looks great! How is it performing for you?

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Well.....I sold every radio I had including my General Lee that was in the truck (waiting for the antenna) to buy a new radio. I have almost decided on a RCI2970N2 but am considering waiting for all of the new radios supposed to be out this spring.

My wife's Expedition has a Wilson hard mount that had a Wilson 5000 on it. I have decided to get a Sirio P5000 for it and that will be it for me and Wilson. She likes that the Sirio can be laid down when not used. We only use a radio in her truck when we travel, she isn't into talking to truckers. :D

Weird I went months without an antenna and now that the antenna is installed in my new (old) truck I have no radio. :oops:

If any of you guys have a 99-2004 Super Duty, mounting the radio isn't as easy as you would think in a full size truck. I made a sheet steel (about 10 gauge) flat bracket that extends into the little pocket on the dash and then is secured by two screws under the bottom edge of the dash. I used contact cement to wrap it in carpet and then mounted the radio to that. It looks good, no holes in the dash that can be seen and is very secure.

Just another thought. The only negative about the Sirio roof mount is that the coax is shorter than most other mounts. It was long enough for my truck as I came down the pillar between the doors but with an SUV if you were to mount the antenna further back it may be too short to reach the radio.

Just another thought. The only negative about the Sirio roof mount is that the coax is shorter than most other mounts. It was long enough for my truck as I came down the pillar between the doors but with an SUV if you were to mount the antenna further back it may be too short to reach the radio.

I had to take a shorter route with my sirio coax too. It's only 13 feet. it took every inch of it but I was able to make it work without adding more to it. My old antenna was routed under the carpet floorboard. I had to route this antenna down the side door panel pillar as you did to make up the difference. Other than that its a great installation. it looks good on your truck. I hard mounted mine the same way. I wish there was some kind of locking mechanism though where the antenna screws down on the base. Tempature change seems to affect it a little bit on just how tight or loose it is sitting on that rubber base.

N2

ponykilr,

Been running a 2970N2 for about a year now and love it. Just got a D104 mic to go with it.

Guess it depends if you are into SSB. That is what I got the N2 for.

Good lookin set up you have there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated