• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Boomerang 27 modifications?

JC_enfield

Sep 17, 2009
Good day,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any modifcations for the Sirio Boomerang 27?

I'd like some suggestions of mods for the grounding section/bottom section of the sirio boomerang to give it a better performance.
The bottom section is like a DV27 and is used for tuning the antenna.

The top section is basically a 1/4 whip, slightly shorter than 9ft though.

It's the bottom section I want to modify, to make it more like a dipole, I was thinking of replacing the bottom section with a 9ft length whip or approx.

Thanks

Good day,

It's the bottom section I want to modify, to make it more like a dipole, I was thinking of replacing the bottom section with a 9ft length whip or approx.

Thanks

you could just as easily use a 9ft or so bit of wire, whether the improvement would be anything more than slight is highly debateable, an rf choke at the feedpoint might help with things, but with antennas like this better mounting height and location tend to make most improvment

for that matter you could also use 3 or 4 wires drooped at 30 - 45 degrees on the base and turn it into a starduster type antenna, which generally gives a marginally better swr match at resonance than a dipole would,

one benefit of using wires is they are nigh on invisible. i know a few people who have used 9ft mobile whips with 3 or 4 radial wires on buildings here with good results and have the benefit of an almost invisible (more neighbour friendly?) antenna.

Cool that's the kind of idea I was thinking to be honest. I have loads of wire.

The antenna is about 20 ft off the ground from a 1st floor appartment attached to a windowsill.

It works well, I was usuing an RF choke but I removed it when I moved the antenna

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.