• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Bull Trucker

N0GX

Nov 11, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the green light that comes on during transmit on these antennas?

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the green light that comes on during transmit on these antennas?
I have the 3000 came in a package deal. Haven’t used it yet, well short of slapping it on my car with my atQ6 and the dedicated 12AH worth of lifepo4 battery I use portable with the Q6. Quick attempt at tuning rendered 1.5 on both ends 11m. Did you ever figure out how the disable the light show? Receive seemed pretty good the short time I had it hooked up. I suspect they are a decent antenna. But not much information on them at least that I’ve seen.

I have the 3000 came in a package deal. Haven’t used it yet, well short of slapping it on my car with my atQ6 and the dedicated 12AH worth of lifepo4 battery I use portable with the Q6. Quick attempt at tuning rendered 1.5 on both ends 11m. Did you ever figure out how the disable the light show? Receive seemed pretty good the short time I had it hooked up. I suspect they are a decent antenna. But not much information on them at least that I’ve seen.
I did not. I ended up just wrapping some electrical tape around it. It is a great antenna though. I use it as well on an AT-6666, covers everything I need it to cover.

I did not. I ended up just wrapping some electrical tape around it. It is a great antenna though. I use it as well on an AT-6666, covers everything I need it to cover.
Well that will work. I’m debating installing the Q6 permanently just can’t come up with a good place to mount it in my car.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.