• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Mag Base and Firestik Antenna?

Taxi Driver

Mar 2, 2014
Oregon Monsoon Central
Will the Sirio Mag 145 PL magnetic mount work with a three foot Firestik antenna?

I'm resurrecting my old CB setup from the '90's. From what I've read the Sirio mount is the best magnetic mount out there.

Thanks

TD

The Firestiks use the 3/8 24 type of mount. I don't think the Sirio 145 PL will work. But the Sirio Mag 145 3/8 Magnetic Mount should. With such a small lightweight antenna you may not need a 6" Magnet if you only plan on running a 3' antenna.

The Firestiks use the 3/8 24 type of mount. I don't think the Sirio 145 PL will work. But the Sirio Mag 145 3/8 Magnetic Mount should. With such a small lightweight antenna you may not need a 6" Magnet if you only plan on running a 3' antenna.

I'm planning ahead. If the radio works, the Firestik will get replaced with a Sirio antenna ASAP.

Is this the mount you're referring to?
Sirio Mag 145 3/8" x 24 Magnetic Mount and Cable, DNJ Radio

If you go with the 3/8s mount, you won't be able to use a Sirio 259 type antenna like the Performer or Turbo.

If you go with the 3/8s mount, you won't be able to use a Sirio 259 type antenna like the Performer or Turbo.

Hmmm

I guess I'll rethink this.

What about this mount
http://www.dnjradio.com//product_in...d=267&osCsid=2239b03b48ecf4b0f198708cf0ed854f

And this adapter
http://www.dnjradio.com//product_info.php?products_id=268&osCsid=2239b03b48ecf4b0f198708cf0ed854f

If I got this correct, I can use the mount and adapter to run the Firestik.
Later I can remove the adapter and get a proper antenna later.

Last edited:
I've never liked those. I think you'd be OK with a lightweight whip antenna with a lot of give but I'd be worried about using something like a firestik on it other than the ridiculously short not worth a damn 2 and 3 ft ones they do.

This is not true, I made adaptors for My Wilson 1000 and 5000 top sections (coils) so I could use them on my tri mag and quad mag mounts I use qyuick diconnects on my 3x8" mount antennas because I was switching between a fe different antennas for the Ham Bands.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
get yourself a dummyload [you may already have 1] and watt meter and just
test the radio out. if it works then get the mag mount and sirio antenna

Don't have either. But that sounds like a good idea.
I have a old Radio Shack SWR meter.
I think I'll get the dummy load and a SWR/Watt meter.

Then bite the bullet and get a decent antenna/mount right off the bat.

Both a dummy load and a SWR/Power meter are basically essential items that everyone should have. A dummy load is great for testing the radio as it at least can eliminate any variables from the antenna side of things if you've got a problem and most problems do turn out to be the antenna side.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated