• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Model 2016, design and function question

NightOwl3261

Jul 24, 2020
Being that the Sirio 2016 has more yet shorter radials, is there any chance this design is using the braid of the coax as part of the ground plane?

If the answer is yes, then would it not be recommended to put a common mode choke at the feed point of the antenna, even though it is mounted to a 10 foot steel mast?

Also has anyone ever modeled this antenna with it's short multiple radials and loading coil to actually know how it works? If not could you?

Thanks....

This model

Attachments

• 31TnehO+h9L._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    31TnehO+h9L._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 110
Also has anyone ever modeled this antenna with it's short multiple radials and loading coil to actually know how it works? If not could you?

This antenna has been modeled, although it has been a while for me. The radials don't really affect performance (gain) or the radiation angle of the antenna, and that holds for weather you have none, or 4 1/4 wavelength, or a bunch of shorter ones like this antenna, so as far as that is concerned as far as having this layout really doesn't affect performance. I don't recall the results about testing this antenna design for common mode currents. I would assume that you are more likely to have them than when using full length radials as full length 1/4 wavelength radials are very good at trapping currents in the radial system, mostly due to the radial length.

The DB

poiché i radiali a lunghezza intera di 1/4 di lunghezza d'onda sono molto bravi a intrappolare le correnti nel sistema radiale, principalmente a causa della lunghezza radiale.[ /CITAZIONE]
E' la verità....da tanto tempo .

if your antenna is mounted to a metal pole, and not isolated from it, then choking the coax at the feedpoint isn't really going to have much effect, since the common mode currents will just run down the mast instead. It may keep the RF out of your shack, but it's not going to change the antenna's performance much at all.
LC

Reactions: sp5it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.