• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siriostar 27

717seemore99

Dec 6, 2008
I looking for a base antenna for my cb. What do you guys think of this one? The info was copied from the sellers site
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140280522923&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Serious Radio operators met the next new hottest PERFORMANCE DX ANTENNA From Italy! (man these antennas kick some serious Butt!) just like a fine sports car from Italy!
The SIRIOSTAR 27 1/2 Regular Retail Price $ 99.99
Sale price$ 54.95
• CB Base station antenna
• Omnidirectional
• Factory tuned at mid-band
• Low radiation angle for excellent DX
• Designed to work without Ground Plane
• Made of aluminum alloy 6063 T-832

P/N 2103301.00 SIRIOSTAR 27 1/2
Electrical Data
• Type: 1/2 λ dipole
• Frequency range: 26-28 MHz
• Impedance: 50Ω unbalanced
• Radiation (H-plane): 360° omnidirectional
• Polarization: linear vertical
• Gain: 0 dBd, 2.15 dBi
• Bandwidth @ SWR ≤ 2: ≥ 1350 KHz (120 channel)
• SWR @ res. freq.: ≤ 1.1
• Max. power:
200 Watts (CW) continuous
600 Watts (CW) short time
• Feed system / Position: Transformer DC-ground / base
• Connector: UHF-female

Mechanical Data
• Materials: Aluminium, Steel, Nylon
• Wind load / resistance: 124 N at 150 Km/h / 140 Km/h
• Wind surface: 0.11 m²
• Height (approx.): 5220 mm

5220 millimeters = 17.1259843 feet
• Weight (approx.): 1700 gr
• Mounting mast: Ø 35-42 mm UNDECIDED! there has been some concern over the DBI gain on these this antenna! .. lets set the record straight! most antenna Mfg inflate there DB gain and this has been proven fact, engineers stated, for year in CB and Ham trade publications.. but Sirio antenna being a high end mfg. regulated by strict Government laws, in Italy, has stated the true DB Gain ( not like alot of popular antenna companys) also some other things to compare.. metal antenna, VS/ fiberglass antenna!... bottom radition antennas fiber glass VS/ Gama radiator,metal full radiation for more information contact Sirio Antenne on there Web Site!

I think I would go with something that was a 5/8 wave antenna instead. Even the Imax 2000 would be better and about the same price.

sirio antennas are poor quality weak construction, if you get high winds forget about sirio,
the only antenna they make that is decent quality is the sirio 827 and they have major issues with the alloy used in the bosses going none conductive once the weather has been at them for a while, you will have to look on your side of the pond for a quality cb antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.